Kelly actively built custom homes in the state of Maryland for 15 years and was a remodeling contractor for 17 years prior to that. He became a certified home inspector in 2015 and started Instructing in 2016.
His home building experience, combined with 17+ years of residential and commercial remodeling, has given Kelly the unique opportunity to see first hand the classic building practices of yesterday and the modern building techniques used today. He offers his students a unique perspective on the construction process as well as his inspection experience. In 2018 Kelly achieved Certified Master Inspector status through InerNachi.
His qualifications include:
- InterNACHI Certified Master Inspector #NACHI15060222;
- InterNACHI Certified Instructor;
- Licensed Maryland Home Inspector #32502;
- Certified Radon Tester – IAC2 Indoor Air Consultant #IAC2-04-2750;
- Certified Mold Inspector – IAC2 Indoor Air Consultant #IAC2-04-2750;
- State of Maryland 72-hour Home Inspector training course Instructor.